We walked about 8-9 miles today and it was well worth it. We started off with seeing some major attractions in Barcelona; Montjüic, La Sagrada familia, la Casa de Antoni Gaudí and la Rambla. We also had a nice tour by Alberto through the Gothic neighborhood part of Barcelona. We were able to have a real "Menú del día" as well in a restaurant I knew from before.
During free time, we helped Salima find a store to get a jersey and then entered La Casa Batlló, another amazing piece by Gaudí. While the entrance was expensive, it was well worth it to see this house on the inside. I wish I could live there!
We continued walking down El paseo de Gracia, famous for it's expensive shops, and we tried to see La Pedrera, or La Casa Milá, another work by Gaudí but it's covered in scaffolding. We then stopped in La Casa del Libro where I bought a recipe book that Alberto calls "the Bible of the Spanish kitchen". I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes!
Lastly we had dinner at Fresco, a buffet. We giggled and laughed about the amount of ways the recipe book had to cook and egg and then we headed back to the hotel where we watched the USA Belgium game with the others in our group.
Looking forward to tomorrow, our last real day in Barcelona since the day after we will go to Figueras.
Until next time!
See our whole group below...
~Señorita Beheler


That's a lot of walking! Looks like a fun bunch =)
ReplyDelete