To talk a little bit about what we did yesterday, we had the amazing chance to go to the beautiful summer beach city, San Sebastián. This town is so beautiful that it was considered the official vacation spot for the Royal family during the summer when it was too hot for them in Madrid. We took a lovely tour of the city and while it was definitely a bit windy, we were still able to enjoy the sand and the beach. The water was an amazing combination of blues and greens and purples it's hard to find pictures that really replicate it well.
We've been having a great time so far just hanging out us 3. We get along with the other groups, but it's difficult to maneuver a group of 30-40 people much more so at least than 3. Yesterday we had a fun moment when we were sitting in the plaza park of Sam Sebastián and eating frozen yogurt and just talking about things that make us laugh and silly puns. I feel so grateful that I've had a chance to connect with these girls this way.
So a little bit about today. Today was an insane day in the sense that we spent many hours on the bus and Salima and I both suffer from a bit of motion sickness. To help break the all together 7-8 hour trip up we made a couple stops along the way.
First we stopped in Pamplona! Yes the famous city that we hear about every summer for the running of the bulls! Don't worry though- the parties don't start until the 7th of July, so really we came at a perfect time to see them setting up, yet not have to deal with insane crowds. It was very fun!
Before I continue talking about the day, first I have to backtrack a bit to two nights ago, when I talked to Alberto, our Tour Guide, about our big bus trip day (today). We noticed that Zaragoza, a beautiful Spanish city, would be en route to Barcelona. Now since it wasn't officially mentioned in the tour, Alberto couldn't guarantee me anything, but I'm the end we were able to work it out with Antonio, the bus driver, to stop for lunch in Zaragoza! What a treat! Although rushed, we were able to get a glimpse of the beautiful an historical Basilica of the Pilar for lunch! (See below)
Now, we have finally arrived in Barcelona and have a few busy days ahead of us. It's nice to think we have 4 straight days in 1 hotel now too! Tomorrow we get to see why this city is so popular!
~Señorita Beheler

Awesome!
ReplyDelete